Our Chinese Butterflies

Our Chinese Butterflies

Fristoe family

Fristoe family
Our family waiting on Prudence and ?????!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Welcome to Down Syndrome Awareness Month!!!!

Did you know that in 1984 President Ronald Reagan signed a proclamation making October,
National Down Syndrome
Awareness Month!!!

 
 
My goal is to give you some good down syndrome information this month, as well as share our adoption story of Clara.  She has now been home 4 months and is doing so well.  I will start tomorrow with our first week in Beijing, where we spent sometime at China Little Flower.
 
Since it is the third of October, here are your first three facts:
 
1.  Down syndrome is the most commonly occurring genetic condition at 1 in every 691 births.
 
2.  Down syndrome occurs in people of all races and economic levels. 
 
3.  More than 400,000 people in the United States are living with the condition.
 
 
 
Clara--5 1/2 years old and Hannah--3 1/2 years old
 
 
 

 We currently have two beautiful Angels in our house, that sport that designer chromosome.  We love them to death and have decided to add one or maybe two more little ones to the mix.
 
So:
 
We are hitting the fundraising trail hard now.  We are not able to reuse our original dossier, so we need to raise $1400.00 for a new one. We are hoping to earn enough in the next month to start our new home study.


We are currently running a Scentsy party, that will run through the 23rd of this month.  This is a great time to pick up some really nice Christmas presents and help save some orphans!!!   Here is the link to it: https://ctaylor5477.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy?partyId=107903430

I am collecting Pamper points. These are located on the inside of the diaper packages and on the underneath of the wipes packages.  I would be very grateful if you are not collecting them, if you would send them my direction and I would put them to good use.

I also started collecting Huggie points.  These are also located on the inside of the diaper packages

I collect coke rewards too.  Inside coke product boxes and under the cap of bottles.

I am working hard to earn as many prizes as I can for our auction/giveaway.


Even one code is helpful. You can just pm them to me or pm and I will give you my address or send you a SASE.


Please, Please, Please share this with everyone you know. We are hoping to expedite this adoption, as soon as the girls files are ready, which we were told should be by the end of November.

Thank you in advance for everyone's help.


Suzanne


No comments:

Post a Comment