Our Chinese Butterflies

Our Chinese Butterflies

Fristoe family

Fristoe family
Our family waiting on Prudence and ?????!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday's update

I can't believe how fast this month went.  We have to turn in our paperwork by Friday, if we want our home study done by January 10, 2013.  Almost all of the forms are filled out.  All the kiddos are going in at 2 pm today to get their TB test done and that should be a lot of fun.  I know the pediatricians office will be excited!!  The last time I brought in all the kiddos for flu shots, I thought they were going to pass out.

Last update on our girl was that she was doing well.  She did not end up getting her surgery rescheduled.  We are praying that paperwork, in China, gets done quickly and we can get her home!!

We are currently $800 short of making the first payment for our home study.  The agency was kind enough to grant us more time and split the amount into two payments.  One due by Nov. 30th and the second one in January.  Could you please find it in your heart to help us rescue our little princesses?

I am working on collecting some more items for a fundraiser and if you support us you will be entered into it.  Please keep praying for us! 

Thank you,

The Fristoes

Wednesday, November 14, 2012


I just got an email that simply stated that Feng's surgery had been cancelled.  I know nothing else.  I want to cry for so many reasons.  I wanted to be with her when she had surgery, but I know it is best she have it sooner rather than later.  I was hoping that would help her stay healthier while she waits for the adoption process to occur.  Now, I don't know if or when she will get another chance.

Please pray for my girl.

I will push forward and see how fast I can raise money and keep praying for my girls.  I will try and focus on finishing our home study before the end of the month.

Goodnight and God bless you,


Tonight is the night, in China.

Wow, I made it through yesterday.  My emotions were on high after getting the email about Feng.  China is 14 hours ahead of us, so I am guessing that around 6-7 pm CST time Feng will be having her surgery.  I am assuming by the description of what is going to take place, it will take 8-10 hours to preform. 
Also, last night I was told that my son, Justin and his wife, Haley were going to have TWINS!!!  They already have a beautiful little girl, Eleanor.  How exciting!!!  They are due in June 2013.
Here is the first picture of the Twins:
Here is Eleanor:
Today on November 14, 1996 at 2:47 am my sweet baby boy, now young man, Daniel was born!! 
Happy 16th Birthday, Daniel!!!
I was able to take him shopping yesterday with me.  Our last stop was at Guitar Center in Independence.  He picked out the drum supplies he needed, so he could play in the worship band at church tonight.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day.  I am going to try and keep very busy today, so time will fly by.  Please say a prayer!
Remember:  I am collecting  Pamper points and I am only 1100 point from my next reward.   Also collecting Huggies and Coke reward points.  All rewards I earn will be used in a future giveaway!!!  Help us bring our girls home.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thursday is the big day!!

I woke up this morning with a list of things to do.  They first being to call the school and let them know my little ones wouldn't be there, because they are sick and to cancel bus service for them.   I went on my email to find and update about my sweet little Feng.  When I opened the email I was not prepared at all for what it said!!!!  Now I am nervous, scared and not sure what to do.  I know there is nothing I can physically do, but I really need to keep busy, so I don't worry myself sick.  I have finally received the answer to why Clara's surgery had to be canceled.  There is no way I could have handled her in the PICU, being post open heart and Feng all the way in China, having her open heart at the same time.  I should have known something big was going to happen!!!! 

Here is what Little Flower had to say today:

Feng has been waiting and waiting for heart surgery, but two things have been holding us up. One is that her surgery is risky and complex, and the other is that it's also very expensive. Today we got good news on both fronts - a visiting US pediatric cardiac surgeon is willing to cooperate with Chinese surgeons to do her surgery AND we found a generous donor willing to cover the 80,000 yuan (US$12,700) cost. Her surgery is scheduled for the day after tomorrow. Please pray that she's strong and healthy enough for this complicated repair, and that the surgery and recovery go smoothly.
Here is what I am begging for form each of you:  Please say a prayer that she is healthy enough for the surgery, that the US cardiac surgeon be skillful, blessed and successful.  Please pray that Feng is well cared for, by skillful nurses.  Please pray she will have an uneventful, quick recovery, her pain will be controlled, she will know she is loved, even if her momma is on the other side of the world, and complete recovery.  Could you also say a short prayer for me that I will find peace while all this is going on, away from me. on the other side of the world. 
Her surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning in Beijing.
Thank you,

PS.  Pray that her paper work will be finished sooner rather than later! 

Monday, November 5, 2012

We need your help.

I was approached, in July of this year, about my interest in adopting another very special angel.  I was sent a picture, which I proceeded to show my husband.  This totally threw me, I was expecting a NO WAY!!!  But instead I got a "What do we have to do to bring her home?"  After I picked myself off of the floor, I sent a reply telling them that yes we would be happy to adopt her, but we had to wait until Clara had been home for 6 months.  I have to admit we were not looking to adopt again so quickly, but God apparently had other plans.  I was planning on waiting until the very last minute to submit our reused dossier.  I figured that would give us almost 2 years between placements.  I was also looking for another 5-6 year old, not a 9 month old, but I figure God is having a good laugh right now.  Well, I keep getting sent pictures of our sweetie with another sweetie, so we have decided to try and bring home both girls.  Both have down syndrome but one has a repaired TOF and the other has an un-repaired ASVAD.   We have been waiting for her orphanage to finish up her paperwork so we could lock her file.  Hopefully they are close to being done.

I decided to start fundraising and held a Scentsy party.   My wonderful friend Christy was kind enough to donate all her proceeds to our adoption.  Halfway through the month I got an uneasy feeling about all of this and decided I needed to start my part of the paperwork asap.  I had spent about three days praying about this and had asked several of my prayer warrior friends to pray about this.  At the end of the week I received an email from the healing home she lives in saying that this wonderful group of American doctors called Little Hearts Medical.  You can read about them here:  www.littleheartsmedical.org.  They did an echo on our girl and said she would not be able to wait 6 or 8 months for us to come and get her.  This just about made me sick, but it also confirmed my feeling that we should be doing more.  I am currently waiting on the cd from Little hearts and a letter of recommendations.  I have been in contact with one of the team members and they think they can help speed up the adoption.  The healing home she lives at is unable to pay for her operation, but would if they could and the orphanage refuses to pay.

One of the biggest hurdles we encountered during Clara's adoption was when we sent in our I800A.  Our approval was held up for months while they searched for my "alien" file.  If you don't recall, I was born in Turkey, while my father was in the Air Force and Turkey recognizes dual citizenship, so I have a birth abroad birth certificate and citizenship papers, because I relinquished my Turkish citizenship.  I was inquiring about extending our approval, with an immigration officer, and she told me that if I file a supplemental 3 form before the expiration of our fingerprints, we can get approval in about 2 weeks.  So, now we really need to move quickly.  I have a home study agency that is willing to move quickly and get our home study completed and turned in before the deadline, the catch is we need $3000.00 to pay for the home study and 6 post adoption visits.

We are in a very desperate spot.  We don't have that much money available to us at this time.  So, I am asking anyone and everyone for their help.  We need to get this paperwork in asap.  Our baby girl's life depends on this.  I am begging for you to share, pray and donate to our chip in to help us bring our girls home.  I am planning on having a giveaway and I am collecting prizes for that, but in the meantime I have nothing to offer, but prayer.  If all goes as planned we could be dossier to China in January and just waiting on them to say we can come get them and have her here in the US for surgery by March. 

If you can find it in your hearts to help us, we will forever be grateful!!!

We need $3000.00 by the end of November.  Can you PLEASE help us.


The little "blue baby's" life hangs in the balance.

Would you be a part of our Miracle??

God bless you,


Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy National Adoption Month

Wow, this year is flying by.  I can't believe it is November.  October came, went and once again I didn't get my daily post up. :( 

Today was my sweet little man's birthday!  Five years ago, my little "BONUS" baby entered this world.  Our world has never been the same.  Aaron is just the sweetest little guy and has a big heart.  His early education teacher just loves him and tells me all the time she wants to steal him.  She told me that he is very good about including all the children in the room, when he is playing and that when someone is off by themselves, he goes over and tries to play with them.  I believe this, because he is one of Hannah's biggest fans.  He will do anything for her and gets so mad at us if we reprimand her in anyway.  I was all prepared to make him a circus train cake for him today and what does he do, changes his mind.  Instead he wanted a truck cake, so this is what he got.



We took the little ones trick or treating yesterday.  This was Clara's first trip.  She really did well, at the third house we went to, they let the kids just take whatever candy they wanted out of the wagon.  I had to laugh, Clara got this down quickly.  She just started picking up candy and putting it in her pumpkin.  They all thought it was funny and encouraged her to keep doing it as they called all their friends over to watch.  The best part was knowing she wasn't even going to eat any of it!! 

Check out these sweet little girls:


I just love seeing their pictures!!!