Our Chinese Butterflies

Our Chinese Butterflies

Fristoe family

Fristoe family
Our family waiting on Prudence and ?????!

Monday, November 5, 2012

We need your help.

I was approached, in July of this year, about my interest in adopting another very special angel.  I was sent a picture, which I proceeded to show my husband.  This totally threw me, I was expecting a NO WAY!!!  But instead I got a "What do we have to do to bring her home?"  After I picked myself off of the floor, I sent a reply telling them that yes we would be happy to adopt her, but we had to wait until Clara had been home for 6 months.  I have to admit we were not looking to adopt again so quickly, but God apparently had other plans.  I was planning on waiting until the very last minute to submit our reused dossier.  I figured that would give us almost 2 years between placements.  I was also looking for another 5-6 year old, not a 9 month old, but I figure God is having a good laugh right now.  Well, I keep getting sent pictures of our sweetie with another sweetie, so we have decided to try and bring home both girls.  Both have down syndrome but one has a repaired TOF and the other has an un-repaired ASVAD.   We have been waiting for her orphanage to finish up her paperwork so we could lock her file.  Hopefully they are close to being done.

I decided to start fundraising and held a Scentsy party.   My wonderful friend Christy was kind enough to donate all her proceeds to our adoption.  Halfway through the month I got an uneasy feeling about all of this and decided I needed to start my part of the paperwork asap.  I had spent about three days praying about this and had asked several of my prayer warrior friends to pray about this.  At the end of the week I received an email from the healing home she lives in saying that this wonderful group of American doctors called Little Hearts Medical.  You can read about them here:  www.littleheartsmedical.org.  They did an echo on our girl and said she would not be able to wait 6 or 8 months for us to come and get her.  This just about made me sick, but it also confirmed my feeling that we should be doing more.  I am currently waiting on the cd from Little hearts and a letter of recommendations.  I have been in contact with one of the team members and they think they can help speed up the adoption.  The healing home she lives at is unable to pay for her operation, but would if they could and the orphanage refuses to pay.

One of the biggest hurdles we encountered during Clara's adoption was when we sent in our I800A.  Our approval was held up for months while they searched for my "alien" file.  If you don't recall, I was born in Turkey, while my father was in the Air Force and Turkey recognizes dual citizenship, so I have a birth abroad birth certificate and citizenship papers, because I relinquished my Turkish citizenship.  I was inquiring about extending our approval, with an immigration officer, and she told me that if I file a supplemental 3 form before the expiration of our fingerprints, we can get approval in about 2 weeks.  So, now we really need to move quickly.  I have a home study agency that is willing to move quickly and get our home study completed and turned in before the deadline, the catch is we need $3000.00 to pay for the home study and 6 post adoption visits.

We are in a very desperate spot.  We don't have that much money available to us at this time.  So, I am asking anyone and everyone for their help.  We need to get this paperwork in asap.  Our baby girl's life depends on this.  I am begging for you to share, pray and donate to our chip in to help us bring our girls home.  I am planning on having a giveaway and I am collecting prizes for that, but in the meantime I have nothing to offer, but prayer.  If all goes as planned we could be dossier to China in January and just waiting on them to say we can come get them and have her here in the US for surgery by March. 

If you can find it in your hearts to help us, we will forever be grateful!!!

We need $3000.00 by the end of November.  Can you PLEASE help us.


The little "blue baby's" life hangs in the balance.

Would you be a part of our Miracle??

God bless you,


No comments:

Post a Comment