Our Chinese Butterflies

Our Chinese Butterflies

Fristoe family

Fristoe family
Our family waiting on Prudence and ?????!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

What a Blessing!!!

"A child born to another mother calls me 'Mom.' The depth of the tragedy and the magnitude of the privilege are not lost on me. " -Jody Landers
 
 
 
Happy Mother's Day!!
 
 
 
I will start out by saying Happy Mother's day to my mommy!!  I love you so much and you have taught me how to be a good mother.  I thank you for all of your love and support!!!
 
 
 
I am thankful that so many call me mom.  I have the best children in the world!   Eight beautiful children here on this earth.   I am also blessed with 7 amazing grandchildren.  Today I am pleased to announce that we will be adding another precious daughter to our family. 
 
 
It is an amazing story, only one that God could orchestrate.  About a year ago someone was advocating for this beautiful 12 y/o.  I showed her to my husband and suggested we go and get her.  He wasn't as quick to say yes, as he had been when I showed him Clara's picture, in fact he hesitated long enough that another family saw her and decided she would be their daughter.  So, I just kind of forgot about her.  Then she showed up again, apparently the family decided not to go through with her adoption.  I again was very drawn to her, but before Dewey even got home from work she had another family submitting their LOI, Letter of Intent.  I couldn't let go this time.  I couldn't forget about her.  I kept asking her advocate if the family had gotten PA.  Yes, yes, yes they had, in fact 3 families at one point or another had decided to adopt her, but all had backed out.  I was still waiting to hear who her family was to be, but no announcement ever came.  I kept asking about her and she couldn't be found on any agency list or the shared list.  My heart was breaking. One day I got an email that simply said we found her, are you still interested? 
 
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
I contacted the agency that now had her file and told them we were interested.  I set them some family information and they replies that they couldn't help us because we would be adopting out of birth order.  They told me they would release the file back to the shared list and I needed to find an agency that would allow us to adopt out of birth order.  I contacted Heartsent and gave them all of our information as well as hers and they said they would go and try and lock her file.  Monday comes along and presto, the file was gone again.  Heartsent went to bat for us and found out that her file had been locked by another agency.  They approached that agency and asked if they could have the file for one of their families.  Praise the Lord, Holt willingly released the file to Heartsent for us.  Finally we sent in our LOI and on April 29, 2014, we received our official Pre-Approval to adopt:
 
 
 
 
ELIZABETH!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We are now in a battle against time to get all of our paperwork in and to be in China, before December 1, 2014 when she will turn 14 and no longer be available for adoption.  We appreciate any prayer you would be willing to send our way.  We are also busy doing some fundraisers and working on setting up several garage/bake sales.  Your support will be greatly appreciated.
 
 
Love,
 
Suzanne
(the world's most blessed mother)


No comments:

Post a Comment