Our Chinese Butterflies

Our Chinese Butterflies

Fristoe family

Fristoe family
Our family waiting on Prudence and ?????!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beginning our home study

We are half way through our home study!!!!  Dewey and I have both done our individual visits and we are scheduled for our joint visit on Friday and our finally in home visit on Monday.  Most of the paper work is collected, copied and in the envelope to be mailed.  Now we are really just waiting for our referrals to get sent in, then our social worker will start writing it all up.  I am getting very nervous.  I only have 4 days left to get my house "home study" ready. 

I tried having a garage sale last Wednesday, but only made $84.00.  Don't take me wrong, I know it puts us that much closer to Clare!  I just already want to be there.  I am going to have another when we are finished with the home study visits.

Hannah's surgery for tubes in her ears went well yesterday and she acts like she feels 100% better.  But poor Aaron, he has been telling me for several days that his ear is broken.  I took him to the dr. and they said he has fluid behind his ear, again, but that it isn't infected, so really nothing can be done.  I am about ready to take him to Hannah's ear dr. so he can get new tubes!! 

We went to St. Louis this weekend and met our knew granddaughter.  She is just beautiful!!


Here is some new info on my sweet Clare:  http://littleflowerprojects.blogspot.com/2011/06/mei-mei-and-ran-ran.html





Enjoy.


Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. I remember the homestudy days. SOO glad to have all those behind us! You'll make it through. Friends told us when we were preparing for ours: "Think of it as a hazing process. It's their way of weeding out those who aren't truly committed to the adoption process. Only the ones who really want to adopt will stick through the whole thing."

    ReplyDelete