Our Chinese Butterflies

Our Chinese Butterflies

Fristoe family

Fristoe family
Our family waiting on Prudence and ?????!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

LOA

Yesterday I got the phone call that I had been waiting for, our LOA was in.  We waited 71 days for this step to occur.  I really thought I would cry when we finally reached this milestone.  But no, I was really nauseated as it sunk in that I would be going to China, leaving my other children at home and bringing home another daughter.

I went out to eat with my sister and I started thinking about all the things I need to do.  I need to finish the girls room, by a baby bed, carseat, and prepare to leave for China.  I then started thinking about if Clare got sick, what would I do.  I was worried about giving her Tylenol, Adivil or an antibiotic??????  It hit me, this is no different from bringing home any of my children.  I had to test each of my children with these drugs and that I had only known each of them, outside of my belly, for a short time.  Clare is no different, except for the fact she is 5 years old and on the other side of the world.  It is scary, very scary to me.  But I will soon board a plane and go and get my Chinese Butterfly!!!!!!!


Here are pictures from her 5th birthday party!!!!!


They told me that she was not interested in wearing her hat, until after her party was over!!






I enlarge this one, so you could see the beautiful cake they bought her for her birthday. 







Clare we are coming, very soon, to get you.  We love you and can't wait to get to China!!




Suzanne

3 comments:

  1. She's so precious! So happy to hear you are getting so close to having her in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful! I was very nervous and scared when we went to get our daughter a year ago too. It was hard leaving my other kids and I was even a little scared the first day we met her but after that it was great. Especially when you get her home and your family is together! Good luck and what a blessing Clare will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She is so cute

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - blog design to support special needs orphans in India

    ReplyDelete