Our Chinese Butterflies

Our Chinese Butterflies

Fristoe family

Fristoe family
Our family waiting on Prudence and ?????!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Garage Sale: Day 3 and How we found Clare

Wow.  Today was no better than yesterday.  In fact it rained more today.  When I got up the sun was shinning and I was very excited.  Slowly the clouds started to roll in and the thunder started and down came the rain.  Not just a little rain, a LOT of rain!  So, really no closer to getting Clare home.

On to a nicer topic:  How we found Clare.

I was searching RR for my child and thought I had found the perfect little lady to join our family.  Her name was Meredith, but when I went to pull her file, I was informed that another family was viewing it and most likely going to accept it.  I was really heart broken, but went back to looking.  After a few weeks I still hadn't found my child.  On February 26th, 2011 there was a post about Princess Clare, I read the title and just kept going.  That same day there were several post about Princess Clare, but I ignored all of them.  On the 27th there was another post, so I decided to go and take a look.  Here is the post:  There must be a perfect family out there somewhere for Clare! I can guarantee she will brighten your lives! -Caroline  So, I decided to go and take a look, plus I could feel God telling me to go and look.  When I click on the blog link, I got this strange feeling that this little girl had a cleft lip and cleft palate.  This is only important, because when I was pregnant, I always had a dream that MY baby would have a cleft lip/palate and I would push them into the corner and refused to take care of them.  I was waiting for the page to load and part of the way down, it just stopped and all I had to look at were these big beautiful eyes, just full of life.  By the time the page loaded and I was able to see the rest of her, I was already in love and knew I had found MY daughter!  I emailed Caroline and got all the info about Clare that she had available.  I called my older children over and asked them what they thought and they thought she was perfect too.  When Dewey got home from work, I showed him the blog, pictures,video and the info I had.  He said she was beautiful and he was okay with her coming to live with us.  THANK YOU, CAROLINE, for advocating for Princess Clare.  Otherwise I would have never found our daughter!!!!! 


I have gone back to RR many times since all this began and realized that the other family did not take Meredith, so if you are looking for a beautiful, little angel of your own, go take a look at Meredith:  http://reecesrainbow.org/meredith1

1 comment:

  1. I treasure that little girl too and I've only met her twice. I adore this picture of her with her friend Fu Quan (Or however you spell it). They are best buddies and inseparable. I'm thrilled to be along for Clare's journey home!

    ReplyDelete