Our Chinese Butterflies

Our Chinese Butterflies

Fristoe family

Fristoe family
Our family waiting on Prudence and ?????!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Where to begin????

We, well, I first started looking into adoption in late December.  It wasn't until the end of January, that my husband climbed on board.  We had been praying about it, but he still wasn't convinced until one Saturday morning.  We were attending a conference on improving your child's, with Down syndrome, education and had picked a table to sit at and along came Stephanie and Kelly.  Everyone introduced themselves and spoke about their child/children with ds.  When Stephanie finished the questions started flying.  Dewey must have felt ambushed and had to leave.  We were still busy discussing kiddos on Reece's Rainbow when he came back, but he sat and listened anyway.  The conference started with a young man, Michael Cardella, speaking about how God doesn't make Junk!!  Half way through his speech, Dewey leaned over my shoulder and while hugging me, with tears in his eyes, said, "We can adopt."   I was so excited I could hardly stand it, but took time to thank God and learn all I could.

 Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment